Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Something for Liam



Well, this project ended up nothing like it was going to be when I started out last night!! A while ago I had found a tutorial for a "Carousel Notes Purse" at Jan Tink's website and had put it in my "to do" list - check out Jan's marvellous tutorial here. It's not only informative but it's amusing too - especially if you're a bit of a chocaholic!

The main problem with trying this out was that in Australia the Carousel Notes weren't available. I have seen a mini version one done with Love Notes - but can't remember where - please let me know if anyone out there has a link for this to add in here. Anyway - one of the first things I saw in the new Summer Mini was Carousel Notes - Yippeeeeee. I have finally dragged out the tutorial and have given it a go.
Now I know mine doesn't look like a bag as it doesn't have the ribbon strap - and that's because it ended up as more of a mini album - which is my favourite way of scrapbooking. I started off thinking I'd do a Christmas album for when I finally got around to taking pictures of my family - but this can't be done at the moment with dear hubby overseas for a month with work!

I started using the beautiful Wintergreen DP, which went so well with the Chocolate Chip envelopes. I very soon changed my mind about what I was going to use the "bag" for as the Sky Blue Carousel Notes became my focus - my nephew Liam has the most gorgeous blue eyes and I've been wanting to do something for my sister with the photo that really shows them off. Thus it very soon became "Liam's Book" - so I decided it had better not end up as a "handbag", rather it's a standing album! I've really enjoyed doing this as I often feel I don't put enough effort into things for Liam - he's a delightful little boy who I love dearly - but he also has autism so at birthdays and Christmas we tend to let my sister choose his presents as he has very definite likes, dislikes and needs.

I also used the Crab & Co. stamp set for a bit of light relief - most of my stamp sets are a bit too floral for boys - especially if I'm making them an album out of a handbag pattern - LOL. I used my Aquapainter and Watercolour Crayons to add a touch of colour. There are 2 more Carousel Notes tucked behind the covers for additional photos or journalling. The front flap is held down with a self-adhesive velcro dot - I actually added a bit of extra card to the underside of the Carousel Note for added strength in this "high traffic" area.

I really hope my sister likes it!

3 comments:

Stamp and Smile said...

Just adorable!! I love it... great colors. Thanks for the comment on my blog and I'm Following you!! He.. Smiles! :)

Ali B said...

It's gorgeous Debbie. I know it will be a treasured memento. He's very lucky to have such a lovely aunty.

Nikki said...

Wonderful Debbie and what a cute little nephew you have. Thanks for sharing your link on my blog.