Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge #20

WOW - When I saw this sketch I thought I'd be coming up with something soft and feminine! I also thought I'd have heaps of time to get it done - nice and leisurely!!! It's such a gorgeous sketch I'm just going to have to find the time to re-do my card! Or start another one completely!!! I came home from work a bit early today and thought I'd do some stamping. I have been soo busy with visitors and the SCS Bushfire Fundraiser that I haven't had much chance to "play" lately. When I checked out when this sketch was due I realised I was cutting it fine!! It's now Tuesday afternoon my time and the challenge closes at 7pm Monday US time - not sure how my time equates but - aaaagh - off I raced! Unfortunately I had a masculine card I needed to make so I tried to work this challenge with some left over CS from the last Kristina Challenge that I hadn't put away - not sure if I'm happy with the result! I think the Regal Rose is a bit too "pink"! Guess I need to make another masculine card too - LOL. Ah well - need to stamp more to keep my skills up!!! The metallic strip is some metallic tape I trimmed, scalloped and embossed. If you try this you do need to keep the backing tape on otherwise the tape is too soft to hold the embossing. I also think I'm a bit too literal when it comes to sketch challenges - I need to adopt the sketch as my own and not try to stick to it too closely - live and learn!


CS - Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue and Regal Rose
SU - Felt Fusion Flowers and Botannical Blooms stamp set

7 comments:

Kellie said...

WOW Deb, Firstly the colours are amazing together, they feel really warm....lol, if colours can do that to someone. And I love how you have stamped and then used your little green machine, so effective. I can't wait to get mine! It's ok my hubby will still let me have something to do with you, hehe, he was impressed at the bargain price you had found on a site for them!

Amazing card as always xx

Cassie said...

great color scheme debbie! it's funny how cards will take on a life of their own sometimes!!
so glad you joined us this week on the cuttlebug challenge! hope to see you this week too!
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Eveline said...

Lovely card.
Eveline

Meda said...

Awesome card!
Thank you for playing with us at Cuttlebug Challenge Blog
I love the button in the middle of the flower!
Meda

Lea L. said...

Well, I think you did a fabulous job! The colors are wonderful, and I love the different embossing folders you used together! They really work out! Great job with Be Inspired 20...thanks for participating this week at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog!

~Lea

Stamp and Smile said...

I LOVE IT! You did a great job bring a bit of paper beauty into our daily lives Debbie! When it comes to sketch challenges, I do the same thing and don't branch off to make the card my own... I feel the challenge police will be out so charge me with 'unlawful cooperation'... he! :)

Maggie Lamarre said...

I have a hard time following a sketch to a t, so I always stray from them..
Luv the colours..
you will be featured on March 5th at
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
thanks
Maggie