Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Will the real Magnolia Down Under Challenge #2 stand up!!!

Due to a slight technical hitch the wrong challenge post went up at Magnolia Down Under Challenges this morning, apologies for the mix-up, we're still learning!! Silly me thought I had made the mistake and went along with the post!!! The "Yellow Ribbon" post is actually for next week - so now you get an extra week to think about your work before you can enter! Since I've had 2 wonderful comments on my card already I'll leave it up...

Now onto the REAL challenge for this week.....

Getting tangled up in ribbons. We ask that you try and use 5 ribbons - more if you are able. All in different colours or at least different shades. Once again remember they can be stamped etc. But for this one we would like to see a few actual ribbons.

There's a funny story as to why I have done 2 different inspiration cards for this challenge. The original criteria was 5 ribbons and the colour brown. I had NO IDEA how to put 5 ribbons on one card!! I started off by decided to give poor old Edwin a chance to shine - and figured he would look great in brown pants - one criteria met! Not long after he was coloured I had to pop down to our local Spotlight (craft) store and found these gorgeous bright co-ordinating ribbons! I bought 5 different spools and had decided to weave them together to form a seat for Edwin! It was all looking great until I popped poor Edwin on and realised he just didn't suit the layout - so off I went and came up with this second card to showcase him. My son is turning 11 this year - as are most of his friends - so I figured I would get to use him at some stage!

I then went back to my original card and finished it off with a brightly coloured Tilda I found in my "already coloured" stash - I often sit and colour in front of the TV - it's very relaxing! To cover the brown on the Tilda card I popped her card front onto a Chocolate Chip card. After they were both done the DT decided we would simplify this challenge to be just "5 Ribbons".

I hope you are inspired to come along to Magnolia Down Under Challenges and join in the fun!

ADDED BONUS - PRIZE ON OFFER
Our lovely sponsor Bec from Bizzy Becs has been kind enough to sponsor us this month's major prize! The prize will be given at the end of the month - CHECK OUT THE CHALLENGE BLOG FOR DETAILS!

8 comments:

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog! Hope you are having a great weekend! ♥ Hugs :

Christy said...

The ribbon techniques are stunning :)

Ramona Michaluk said...

Love your card Debbie - the ribbon weaving is a fantastic idea and very creative to have Tilda sitting on top of it! Gorgeous colours in the ribbons.
Will hopefully get my entry in soon for this weeek and start on next week's too now that I know what that one is as well. LOL
Thanks for the laughs tonight :-)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I hope to one day play with you in a Magnolia Down Under challenge as I have a few Magnolia stamps that need some love. These cards are wonderful, Debbie. I would probably have done what you did with the Tilda card if I had tried to use five ribbons. I would never have thought of the cool tying technique you used for Edwin. Way to go!

Lots of love,
Lisa

Stamp and Smile said...

Super sweet! I love both of your cards Debbie... :) I so enjoyed reading your story about how the cards came about... the things us paper crafters do!! LOL! You nailed this challenge... Hugs! :)

Leigh said...

Yep, another fabulous card.

Leigh said...

Should have said 'two fabulous cards'

Sammi said...

Both these cards are Wonderful.. lvoe the Edwin card, he looks very handsome sitting there on those ribbons... and the Tilda card is super - I love the way you wove the ribbons!! Great effect!
Sammi
xxx