Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Just Christmas and Birthday Cards Sketch Challenge #34

One of the great things about having a blog is that people come and visit - and may even leave a comment! These comments can create amazing trans-global friendships as well as be a way of finding fabulous new blogs and challenges. This is how I came across the fantastic Christmas and Birthday Cards Blog. Now given that we're nearly half way through the year - I KNOW, AAAGH!!! - I figured I had best start getting some Christmas cards done! I just LOVED this sketch from Tanja so thought I'd stop procrastinating and go DO! And here is the result...

Needless to say I've had to turn the sketch sideways to accomodate the Holiday Line-Up snowmen - boy are these guys a fave of mine!! You can colour them up in no time - and the colour combos are endless!!! I've used a variety of SU blues and SU Creamy Caramel markers here. AND they adore a bit of bling - after all snow sparkles in the sunshine!!

My base card is Ballet Blue and the DP is from Urban Oasis - who knew such trendy paper could do Christmas - LOL. My Cuttlebug has been in use too - the wonderful snowflake folder, so perfect for Christmas, and the off centred scallop ring was cut using my scallop circle nesties. I've slathered 2 Way Glue over the scallop and drenched it in more Dazzling Diamonds. Very festive!

xXx

17 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

I just LOVE this Debbie!! The sketch is AWESOME and I LOVE your snowmen, the awesome colors and papers you used, and the fab circle accent! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME card!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Excellent interpretation of the sketch, Debbie. Now you're showing us up with Christmas cards in June!!!! Oh, the pressure... LOL

Love the embossing, love the coloring, LOVE the glitter circle.

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Kellie said...

OK
1. I love, love the card Deb amazing, gorgeous and all the above. 2. I think you will need to bring that along to Princess's house, hint hint, hehe.
3. Talk about getting a head start, but then now you have me thinking!
Kelx

Leigh said...

Oh fabulous card Debbie. I love it. Great sketch, I'm off to have a look at that site.

Kathie Bailey said...

Debbie, this is awesome! Makes me want to break out my Christmas stamps and get busy. I love the sketch too, I will have to give it a whirl.

Kerry Parkinson said...

GOJUS, truly! A wonderfully inspiring card, TFS.

A Consuming Passion said...

Great take on the challenge Debbie!! TFS

Bec said...

This is just Stunning Debbie.. I love it.. Bec xxx

Cheryl said...

WOW fabulous!!! I love the colours and that image is so cute.....damn....I have to get it now! I have to stop looking at blogs or I will be buying everything in the catalogue...lol..
xx

Dena said...

You're right Debbie, it is neat how you end up meeting people. I'm so glad I met you!!! This is a really cute sketch and I may have to try it out. Your card worked perfectly with it. Great color choices and cute snowmen! Hugs, Dena

Stampin'Piper said...

This is an adorable card! I love the image! Great job!

Thanks for following my sketch!

Hugs Tanja
(JCBC Team)

sandra said...

Love snow crew!
Great card!!!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Anonymous said...

WOWZA this is awesome Deb...never too early to think about Christmas cards! I love it!

yvonne said...

what a gorgeous card Deb, love your take of the sketch and your colours are fab Yes another set to put on the wish list!!

Stamp and Smile said...

Never too early to start with your holiday cards! I've been thinking on a couple layout's I would like to try. Love your CB snowflakes, sparkles, and your coloring is "PERFECT" as usual! Such fabulous EYE CANY!! :)

Ramona Michaluk said...

Another great card Debbie - love this stamp set. Love your layout and the great use of our new DS papers - the colours work so well together with the white embossed panel. Love it !

Frau Ninchen said...

cute card!love the image!
thanks for joining us this week!

xoxo janina