Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #16 - Cream, Brown and ... Blue!

There has been a little bit of a change over at Magnolia Down Under Challenges - we have decided to run the challenge fortnightly for a variety of reasons. And what happens this week - with 2 weeks to make my DT card I left it to the last minute again - LOL.

The challenge is to use cream/white , brown and one extra colour - either pink, blue or orange. Can you guess I chose blue!! The DP is from SU Bella Blue, my cream is Very Vanilla CS and my brown is Chocolate Chip CS. I've stamped Tilda with Memento Black ink and coloured her in with a combination of Copic and Touch markers.

I found this fabulous cobweb ribbon at a local store and and thought it would go perfectly on this card - so I bought a whole metre, and a couple of metres in other colours too - LOL!!! You can never have enough ribbon! I framed the right side of my image using half a nestie - I didn't want it to cover the ribbon but I felt it needed something.

Now it's your turn!!! Head over to MDUC and check out what the other DT members have done and then give it a go yourself!

xXx

14 comments:

Sammi said...

Debbie this is absolutely GORGEOUS! I LOVE the colours you have used.. .the blue and brown go so nicely together! I Love that cobwebby ribbon too... it's beautiful!
Thanks for the insiration :)
Sammi
xxx

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the papers and that ribbon is fabulous.And WOW Tilda is coloured beautifully....brilliant job!
xx

Kellie said...

I have to agree with Sammi, Deb. I just love this card it's so gorgeous. Your colouring of Tilda is amazing! And I just love the design in a whole! Fantastical work!

Kel xo

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

I love the colours and the ribbon is pretty nazzy. What material is that ribbon made out of anyway? The whole design is very cute. Have to say I am getting tempted to give it a go. Probably a good thing I haven't seen you for a while LOL.
Love you
Sharon

Emily said...

Great job coloring again Debbie! I love that awesome looking ribbon and how you layered your nesties to give it a shadow look! Love it!
Are those brads SU? They are wonderful.

Unknown said...

aw debbie this is so cute...never get fed up seeing this little stamp and you have achieved beautiful results....hugs sassyx

Mandy Schiller said...

Very cute Debbie! Love that ribbon!

Mandyxx

Chantelle said...

Very nice card Debbie. Your colouring is fabulous.

Lynda said...

Very very clever card Debbie. I love it on ALL of its levels. I have never been adventurous enough to try blues and browns together....but this has given me a smidge more confidence. I think my FAVE part is the rusty brown. Thanks for so much inspiration in such an amazing amount of space.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, Debbie, what an adorable image this one is! And you've colored her perfectly. Plus I love the overlapping labels.

Don't you know that nothing would get done if it weren't for the last minute? Case in point: if I don't get off this computer and get cracking on prepping for Stamp Club, I'll be in serious trouble! LOL

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Leonie said...

So pretty Debbie, that ribbon is gorgeous!

Liam said...

This is just beautiful. How do you come up with so many different layouts.

Another pretty piece of work.

Liam

Stamp and Smile said...

Wow, what fantastic cobweb ribbon!!! Which makes such a perfect accent on your card! And you blow me way with your AWESOME coloring as usual... so talented Debbie! have a fantastic day/night... And keep warm!

We'll keep cool! SMILES... Michelle :)

Norma said...

Debbie, you're card is simply stunning. I love this shade of blue--it goes so well with the brown. Your colouring is always, ALWAYS, so perfect. The cobweb ribbon is wonderful--it adds a different texture to the card. Terrific!

Hugs.
Norma