Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

A Classic Birthday!

One of the things I've always loved about Sunshine's Stamps is the wonderful images they have for the guys in our lives! This '71 Mustang is no exception! Now I was thinking this would make a FABULOUS 40th birthday card if you know anyone having one next year - but since it's only 2010 I've made it into a birthday card for someone who either enjoys classic cars - or believes they are ageing gracefully!

I've generated the sentiment on my computer - and once again there were many laughs as my family "tried" to help out with some of the wording! I do worry how their minds are working sometimes - LOL. My favourite "men's" checker plate embossing folder has been used again - I just can't go past this one for guys. The DP is from SU and the tag has been cut using nestabilities.

A little sponging around the edge of the white panel has just softened the edges and aged it slightly to go with the rest of the card! Being a guy's card there isn't too much embellishment needed.

One more day of work before the weekend - just wish our TV coverage of the Winter Olympics was better - it would be great to spend some time enjoying top class sports - especially the figure skating - a must in this house as my daughter is a skater!!! Ah well - will have to make do with a fun FUN fun day out tomorrow crafting with Kristy and Kellie....

xXx

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous, way to go!!!

Annette Bowes said...

This Mustang definately has character lol, wonderful colouring and great layout, have lots of FUN tomorrow, take careX:)

jjcreations said...

Great card - I do love that tread mark embossing die! So cool.

Marlene said...

Vrroooom, vrrooooom!! Great job with that image! I so suck at "masculine" images! You rocked it!

Debra James said...

Love this card Deb. That car makes a fab male card, would be perfect for my hubby who has two 40 year old fairlaines in our garage- mad car enthusiast.Love that quote- so perfect. Super , Super card- brilliantly done as usual. Hugs xxxx

Leonie said...

Your colouring is just superb Debbie! What a fabulous card!

Chelsea said...

Hi Debbie, I know a couple of guys that would love to get a card like this on their birthday. And the sentiment is so fun! Beautiful coloring too. ~Chelsea

Sunshine said...

OH I love this! I love that embossing folder. One of the dream team gals, Colleen has that one as well...she sent me some...I have the stamp of that image and have to get busy stamping for her as I promised her the exchange and I received hers the other day!! LOL! this card is awesome Deb! The perfect manly man card!!

Jodie from Oz said...

Debbie, love this fabulous guy card, the colours & papers are fun and your colouring is wonderful. Have fun with the girls, hugs Jodie from Oz

Kylie said...

What a great guy's card. Love your layout and thanks for the link.
Hope you girls have fun on the weekend. Give Kellie some panadol and lots of 'ribbing' and she'll be fine. lol.

Kylie ox

Kellie said...

Debbie you always just ROCK these images! I love your colouring absolutely AMAZING as always! Can't wait to see you tomorrow, YAY, do you think we'll get anything done, or just talk the whole time?! lol.
Hugs Kel xx

Anonymous said...

this card is adorable Debbie...it reminds me of a grown up Cars (Lightening McQueen) car...so cute...I am having fun even though I am on vacation...the weather is supposed to be gorgeous beginning tomorrow so I may be silent for a few days but I'll be seeing you next week. Have agreat weekend...~Donna

Leigh said...

Cool card Debbie and I love that image.

Sue said...

My husband drives a "Stang", so this card caught my eye! Just too cute. The colors are great and your right, great images for guy cards. Have a ball crafting with the gals.

Lynda said...

How much fun and FAB is this card??? Too much!!!! The c'bug emboss is ideal and it mirrors the image and colouring soooooooo well. Brilliant job Debbie!!! or is that now Mustang Debbie?? ;)

Mira said...

This is so fab and really funny :)

stuffie said...

What a GREAT card!! I love the colors you chose!! How awesome is he?? LOve the embossing! Super job!

Christina said...

FANTASTIC!!!!!!
Love your coloring!!
I really like the embossing on the back paper....perfect!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

So cute, Debbie. You do these funny cards up so well!

How many more days until you're done with work? With all that's been going on, I've lost track. Forgive me!