Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Anya Ink Challenge - Guest DT Spot

This week I have the honour of being a GDT for Anya Ink. The challenge this week is "bling" and I have gone for a really old fashioned "Hollywood" glitz feel for my card. I wish you could see this IRL - it sparkles beautifully. I have used crystal stickles on all the edges as well as in the lace work created by my Martha Stewart punch. I have used my Copic Spica gold pen to give my "Marilyn" a sparkly gold lame dress and shoes. Her wrap has been covered in Dazzling Diamonds for more bling! And what does an old fashioned gal like as much as sparkle - pearls! "Marilyn" is sitting on a shelf of pink and cream pearls - with more placed around the card and on the satin bow.

To finish off the Hollywood feel I have computer generated a sentiment which was a famous quote by the late, great Marilyn Monroe herself. The DP is from my Basic Grey Porcelain paper pad.

BREAKING NEWS - Anya Ink has a new owner - my wonderful friend Kristy Young is taking over the challenge and has some exciting plans! But first she's having a new DT call!!! So what are you waiting for .... check out the requirements HERE and GOOD LUCK!

Now grab your bling and one of your TGF stamps and come along and have some fun over at Anya Ink!

xXx

19 comments:

Fran said...

Wow Debbie, I can just tell this card sparkles like crazy in real life, and the pearls are gorgeous, very glamerous vintage bling, hehehe!

Marlene said...

What a sassy little thing she is, all glitzed out! Love it - and I love the way you used the pearls all around her. BEAUTIFUL! :)

Debra James said...

Hahaha Debbie, Love the Marilyn Monroe take for the Bling- so perfect, Diamond Bling was her best friend, You rocked this one girl.....fab gold dress. Another Debbielicious creation.....Hugs xxxx

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I love verything about it, way to go hun!!!

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Hi Debs,

great card...reminds me of Sarah...must be the hair :)

See you soon,
Luvya muchly

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Debbie, Definately got a blingy look, she is just gorgeous, love all the stickles and pretty pink and cream pearls, just beautiful, enjoy the rest of your weekend, take careX:)

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

She is very glam isn't she? I thought of Marilyn too the first time I saw what you had done with her. Thanks Debbie for adding her to Anya Ink this week, it was a real treat to see your creation.

:) Marcia

Christy said...

Ooooh I love this! The pearls are a perfect touch :)

LINDA said...

Love it!! This is so adorable!! love the image and the way you have done her up.. Great job with all the bling.. Very lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

jjcreations said...

What an awesome card - I love all the bling!!!!!

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Wow this is Stunning Debbie , love love love it!
hugs
Sue x

Kellie said...

I can honestly say that this looks so much better in real life, although fabulous in the photo, in real life it is amazingly fabulous! That pearl bundle thingy I sooo have to do that! LOVE it!
Had so much fun, I promise next time NOT to forget my stamps! lol!
Hugs Kel xx

Melodie said...

Wow, such a stunning card, I like the paper and the colours very much.
Hugs
Melodie

Sue said...

This card is so Marilyn. Is that a big beautiful bow I see on a Deb card.......see you are hooked! LOVE IT! What a really cute card and all that shine and bling is perfect for this Marilyn look alike stamp.

Hugs
Sue

Judi said...

This is lovely. Love the BLING!

Judi xx

Sammi said...

ooooh... this is AWESOME! Love the bling and love her hair! It's stunning!
Sammi
xxx

Stamp and Smile said...

Awww, Debbie... those pearls are adorable!! And the ribbon has such a rich look and adds so much class!

Love everything about it!!!!! My mind is starting to get creative, but I feel a cold coming on tonight... grrrr! (must be allergies!)

stephanne said...

Awww, would you look at this little Tart all glimmered and glitzed!!! Love the papers, glitter and pearls, fit for Hollywood royalty!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh yeah, that's the perfect setting for Norma Jean! I LOVE the pearls!!!

Bravo for Kristy taking over Anya Ink. I'm sure it will be fun fun fun!!!