Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Framing Mini World Magnolias with Scrapmatts


When I saw these gorgeous layered frames from Scrapmatts I just KNEW I wanted to use one of them with some Mini World Magnolias and how cute do they look sitting on the ledge?!?!?! The frames were easily coloured with copics, white ink and a gel pen to give each section definition - and a small piece of DP was added to the base piece before the rest of the frame was put together.

And now for a cheeky trick I used - I didn't have enough of this DP to cut out the backing piece for the frame as well as for the card back so I worked out my layout and cut a piece out - if you pull everything off the front of the card you would find a rectangular hole hidden by the flowers, frame and doily! I often do this sort of thing with the backing card - cutting out a matching shape with my nesties to frame and image.

Copics used - Skintones (E11, E00, E000, R20, R11) plus E44, E43, E42, E40, R89, R85, R83, R81, C5,C4, C2, C00, B97, B34, B21, G24

8 comments:

Penni said...

WOW Debbie, Edwin and Tilda look fabulous in this frame.

Hugs
Penni
X

Jenny said...

Oh yes! those Scrapmatts products are a teeny bit irresistible ... and now I neeeeeeeed this frame. Ta! Gorgeous card Debbie! x

Unknown said...

stunning card debbie...perfection love that backing paper too those roses ribbon i need ..lol!!!lv sassyx

Lau W said...

The design of your card is superb, love the frame very much ! your card is very very nice !
xxx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Debbie.

Hugs Riet.xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Gorgeous Debbie Love the little window and the beautiful papers. Hehehe I have been known to try that trick now and then too ;)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Layered frames + minis!!! PERFECT choice! Love it! Hugs xxx

Lynda said...

Nothing wrong with jigsaw DSP Debbie....and u realise NO ONE wld have known if you hadn't said anything!!! Love the mini magnolias!! (and nuts..there's Andrea above me again!!!) ooxx