Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2015

A Special Wedding Card...


As this post publishes I will be watching the eldest daughter of one my best friends walk down the aisle. This is the card I made for the happy couple and it's the result of an amazing card I saw recently on Pinterest. I knew it was something I wanted to try! The hidden secret to this card is this....


.....A full blown 3D rose, isn't it FABULOUS! It stands about 1.5 inches high and is about 4 inches wide. I found the cut file for this HERE, and there is a video you can watch to see how it all goes together. I did tweak the file a little as the original version has this crammed into a single folded spine card. Maybe I use thicker papers but I decided to give the rose more room so it wouldn't get crushed. I created an extra fold line and moved the fold lines apart. A simple fix. I also chose to dampen the petals to shape them rather than add fold lines - just a personal preference.


The card is held closed by a white satin ribbon I attached before attaching the cover piece. It's simply tied into a bow at the side.

The gorgeous image is from Mo's Digital Pencil and can be found HERE

1 comment:

debby4000 said...

Such a beautiful, fabulous wedding card.
luv
Debby