Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Aurora Wings Challenge #38



It's time for a new challenge over at Aurora Wings and this time it's....


I bought this set of MDF coasters from Kaisecraft a while ago and thought they would look adorable with a different Sprite on each on for my Christmas table. You can find Mitzi's adorable little characters in her Etsy store HERE or in her store HERE
I worked out the size for each before creating a background using digital papers and overlaying my sprites on before printing and colouring up. There is a bit of festive sparkle on each one and a peek of gold a gold doily around the edges. I then sealed the coaster top before spraying with a Triple thick glaze to make the surface more durable. I love that these stack nicely into a base....the only thing left to do is to pop some felt dots on the bottom to protect any surface they go on.
 Don't forget to check out the rest of the AMAZING DT inspiration on our BLOGWe also have a very active Facebook Fan Group with additional contests, challenges and inspiration.  We hope to see you there. 

Copics Used
Skin - E11, E04, E00, E000, R20, R11
Hair - E79, E27, YR24, YR20
Reds - R59, R29, R27, R24, R22
Greens - G29, G09, G02, G00
Yellows - YR24, Y18
Greys - C10, C8, C6, C4, C2, C00

4 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

You already know how much I love, love, LOVE this Debbie! Such amazing coloring on each of those adorable Sprites and on such a small scale. WOW! Wondering what exactly you used for the fabulous sparkle? It absolutely GLOWS! The little bits of gold doily perfectly frames each one and adds a festive finishing touch. AMAZING project! Somebody is going to be very happy (or are you keeping it for yourself?) I know I'd never be able to part with it. xxD

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Excuse me while I wipe off the puddle of drool ... XD Debbie, this is AMAZING!! What an awesome Christmas project! And these look like they were bought at a specialty gift store. Everything you do has that professional flare, but wow, I can't get over how fabulous these coasters look (and how they display so nicely in that stand). Thank you so much for this awesome inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings (and helping me get into the holiday spirit, too). Mitzi xxx

Sarah said...

That is an AMAZING Amount of creativity right there! I'm just a bit blown away right now as this honestly looks like something you would buy in a store. Just WOW!

Julie Reed said...

Oh WOW, these are just stunning Debbie, from the design to the colouring AWESOME X